Splice Consultant Spotlight – Meet Business Analyst, John Avudria!
Meet John Avudria!
Learn more about John’s professional journey and why he loves consulting!
Q1 In brief, describe how you entered the profession of management consulting, or when did you decide that management consulting was a profession that you wanted to enter?
- From 2001- 2003, I worked for an organization that needed a dynamic change agent to take ownership of their aging technology and modernize the environment
- I took lead in modernizing the technology and consolidating seven small data centres into two and office space that resulted in saving the company over five million dollars per year in operating and telecommunications costs.
- My accomplishments motivated me to sharpen my leadership skills, problem-solving and managerial skills.
Q2 What do you love most about consulting?
- Consulting always puts me on top of the latest technology and sharpens my ability to learn new technologies
- Consulting often offers an opportunity for diversity in technologies which a regular employee may rarely acquire in large organizations where each one specializes in one technology.
Q3 What do you like the least?
- Irregularity and downtime between contracts can cause anxiety unless one is able to move from one contract to another with the minimum lapse of downtime.
- Stability can be a problem
Q4 What has been your most satisfying engagement and why?
- All projects involving new technology deployment / integration or migration of older technologies attract my attention simply because I am a technically savvy individual who gets bored by work that is not challenging my abilities
Q5 What personality trait has helped you the most in your career?
- I am a team builder and thrive on camaraderie. I succeed at work because my team collaborates effectively.
- I am a friendly person and integrate joking and happiness with my team. I make sure my team love and enjoy what they are doing and go the extra mile to induce them in that habit.
Q6 Finally, if you were stranded on a desert island – What is one book and one luxury item you would take with you?
- I would probably take a business book on strategic planning
- I would take away driving a car. I am a tough survivor
Learn more and check out John’s Linkedin profile!
So why join Splice?
Splice is an agency and platform evolving the way people work. By seamlessly connecting work to people through our apps, we make results more accessible, opening up more possibilities for clients and more business for people.
Our consultants believe our personal interaction, maintaining good relationships and keeping informed and up-to-date regularly sets us apart from the rest. With the growth of the platform, Splice is seeing the benefits of consultants in the network landing their dream jobs.
Be the next consultant on the blog, join Splice!