How to Splice up your profile
We all know that the traditional cover letter is dead. This is 2017 people! If you are searching for a job in the 21st century, then you need to know how to work technology and create a killer online profile.
“I’ve created an account, found an opportunity and submitted an application. Now what?”
Our statistics show that an employer is more likely to engage with the candidate that provides the most information about him or herself. So, what are you waiting for?
Here’s a checklist to get you started on creating an awesome online profile
- Add your skills and certifications – Share what you’re good at! It’s okay to brag (a bit).
- Add your life experiences – Tell the potential employer why you’re different from the rest!
- Add your target rate – Be up front (and realistic) about what you want to earn!
- Add your references – Leverage your network! Work on getting your references up-to-date.
- Add a profile picture – Take a professional selfie!
- Start applying – Once your profile is finished you can start applying. On Splice, you can search jobs by location and sector.
- Network, network, network – Stay up to date on relevant topics in your field, join important discussions online and attend relevant events such as Splice networking events.
Lastly, and most important, remember to update your profile regularly – don’t just let it just sit there collecting dust. Keep it looking fresh!
Looking for inspiration?
Let one of our talent agents help you SPLICE things up a bit.